We get asked this question often, and the short answer is “It depends.”
As far as our suppliers are concerned, most of our suppliers already have dealers in other countries and would rather have customers order from them. However, for various reasons, many customers would rather order from a U.S. dealer. It could be that the dealer in their country is not very responsive, or their prices may be too high, or there may not actually be a dealer in their country.
For these and other reasons, we do actually ship lots of coffee brewers and other equipment internationally. We’ve shipped to customers in Australia, Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico, Canada, and many Middle Eastern countries.
We can ship internationally if the following is true:
- The order ships to a U.S. location – on almost all of our international orders, we ship to a U.S. location – usually a freight forwarder in a port city, and then the customer arranges for the freight forwarder to deliver the order to them. This way, the order is technically shipping to a U.S. customer.
- The customer must arrange for the freight forwarder – we can only be responsible for the U.S. part. We are not going to find, recommend, or contact the freight forwarder. We are aware of scams that ship to a fraudulent freight forwarder and get “lost” or “damaged” and leave the seller on the hook, and we won’t fail for that.
What should the international customer know about placing an international order with us?
Here’s some things you need to know:
- Money can be saved – it’s a least worth getting a quote to see.
- The warranty will likely change – if an order ships internationally, the labor part of the warranty is usually voided. If the parts of covered, the customer may have to pay for the shipping on the parts. Usually, the money the customer saves from ordering from us makes it worth losing part of the warranty. We are clear with the customer about the warranty before the order ships so that there are no surprises.
- The customer is responsible for paying import duties, customs fees, and taxes.
Are you an international customer? Keep us in mind next time you order.